Ethereum Cat Herders Meeting #15 [2019/07/09]

Ethereum Cat Herders · 9 Jul 2019 · 22:28

An Ethereum Cat Herders coordination call works through its agenda and open action items. Participants discuss reconciling the fundraising platform's donation data against the multisig for two funding campaigns, a Constantinople postmortem and an emergency communications template, and a Gnosis Safe whose team features were not yet enabled, so a key was shared to stake funds in a reputation process. They also settle a note-taking process built on a volunteer calendar with issues filed to request payment, and agree to post the Zoom link for calls in the general community channel.

Speakers

Topics

From Ethereum Cat Herders, hosted by ECH Institute.

Transcript

okay I guess it's just us so I'll post the agenda in this chat here and this is the right bait great okay so first agenda item is the update on there pronto audit I don't know we don't have either Charles nor Hudson here I don't know if anyone has anything on this subject now it hasn't been discussed and yeah I think Charles had the updates last time

so yeah given is not here maybe we can ask him to post an update okay oh okay yeah that's interesting I I feel like he might be a bit busy pickin on these

calls but it might be worth ya reaching out to him and asking him because he's been doing it out of that's work like I mean I was reading through the post about whatever you wrote after we launched all called a meeting it was really nice that you should be looking after thinking of that like improving the process so I'm happy to take an action items paying James and see if she'd be interested in helping out here just give you an update and seeing what we can do but yeah I'll follow up with him so uh yes I'll check it on that yeah

that would be nice thank you let me just write this down otherwise I'll forget Constantinople postmortem and Lane had commented on it is added some comments if let me enter link over here if anybody was want to add more comments that would be nice otherwise we can go ahead I mean somebody can go ahead and like accept it I don't want to do it

myself because it's it would be nice to look at it Yuri you again there are two different one is the emergency comm template and another is the e CH contribution guidelines everybody can just look at it lyndie

already be like I found your comment and also child's added something so do you think that it should be okay for now to take it if somebody comes up with better ideas we can go on adding it um I had a look at the comps template the emergency constantly and I had a couple of things to add but I have everything kind of in a Google Doc just because I'm still kind of getting to know github a little bit so I can circulate that in the group and then we can maybe merge the two and see if I'm you know where there's a few things missing yeah that would be great Colbert with me are circulated in the

group channel now anything more on this I don't have anything okay next one is funding your campaign slash multi-sig I think the last call we said we had to look into it because of the prog now fans and how we want to deal with those and account for those Lane I think you were looking into that I don't know if you have an update yeah so I briefly began looking into this with who was it

someone else was helping briefly this was a couple weeks ago so I can't remember who it was but we follow it up so there's that ticket still open with coin and we did finally get the accurate dump of data from get coin it was Willy and I'm just checking yes it was William so he and I looked into this a couple weeks ago or he primarily did we finally got an accurate data dump from good coin of all the transactions that came through as a result of both of the campaign's right so there's the original one to fund the cat herders and there's the second one for Prague cow and William began the

painstaking work of sort of sifting through them and trying to reconcile them against what we actually see in the multi save and didn't get very far so that's that's the only status update I have it the good news is we have the data the bad news is it's going to take someone some time to sit down and just kind of go through these and reconcile them one by one and kind of figure out where the anomaly is okay anything else anyone else have you got on this okay Nick next agenda item with a Def Con workshop so not much of an update there except I've submitted the

workshop and we'll see if we get success here I guess in the next few weeks and then thanks and last one number six any other business is there anything up and start taking a note in process but is this thing before writing it up formally I hope we would not be following the

gate coin thing anymore and the process would be taken care by the calendar that brett has created and like he created the calendar for everybody who are interested and then scheduled for taking notes for which call which day and then submission process but going like a tendon attend the meeting notes it submitted and I would be referring the guideline template shared by lanes for the meeting for the first meeting that we easy to pick out who they see and then a person would be adding an issue for finding that this job has been done we have

submitted this thing and adding it as an issue and then we can follow up in subsequent this meeting does this sound like a process that we would be following boundary things sorry my internet broke up I missed the first part of what you were saying earlier we used to have a process like if we have to write notes be sure point bounty somebody over there and the person would be selected and the process would be taken forward from there but since we have people on board who are like four or five people's are there who

are taking notes of different new things so breasts came up with a calendar meeting Challenger so he actually have made it very nicely that no one person should be asked to take to meeting notes and he did it really good so I was thinking that now we can have a little change in the process we can go by the meeting calendar created by him and whosoever wants to join although we think that Mia come but he made it covered for a year but whoever wants to join he should reach out to bread to add him to the column there then the person would be taking notes submit it might be respective places like different column different aliases then he would come back to sha issue for creating is it

github to create an issue that risks notes have been submitted and funding is required it would also market to Lane Charles and Hudson because they are the one who would be issuing him the fun for the task and then we can follow up in the subsequent th meeting that job is done and going forward we can mix and process like this for other tasks that we take in future so I was just hoping to have your opinions like is it a good way to seed so I guess my only concern is does it make breath the sort of bottleneck to

the process and is that different than what we currently had I don't think so but definitely I would like to take his opinion since he is not there I cannot say for sure but I had been seeing him he had adjusted of youth people in the calendar and that I believe we can put it on github and can't be shared okay yeah yeah it seems reasonable to me does anyone object or have like counter-argument again that if I check with Brett if he's okay sharing this calendar then what do you don't get

her sounds good anything else anyone wants to bring up okay Oh Brent I thought you got a muted did you want to bring something up yes so it sounds like yes that is morning Sam yeah Jim and I are supposed to be taking

notes for this meeting yes that has to be done in the form and its master Mardonius so github will give you a nice like UI for markdown files if you're not

familiar it might be worse I'm just looking up him if gift.if just will do it I don't think so but github gives you like a markdown view if you upload files there and just for formatting I find this link useful I posted in the chat that like cheat sheets I refer to this a lot but I'm reading like longer documents with links and everything no great anything else anyone wants to

bring up okay then I'll just walk through the action items 9.10 audit we will do this because it's it's on hold separating the funds Lane gave an update on this reviewing the documents created by pooja this is okay so we should remove 11.1 I agree I feel like 12.2 I guess look into this discrepancy with a gift coin bounty amount and then 14.1

double check the funding from get coin are those duplicates mm-hmm okay so we should merge those at the verities follow up with Hudson and resolve to decide what to do with Prague pal funds I feel like we we said we would separate them so does anyone disagree with that and if so we should probably just mark the system I think keep it open till it is actually done if the process is separated okay sounds good 14.3 William to work with Lane on the initiative to perform an account and an account of the current if they're and catheters funding

create a vote within the cat herders dial to decide for the round for note-taking so we had that vote so this one is done engaged with Hudson regarding the requirements for streaming of theorem cat herders calls I'm not sure what was meant here call for aquarium cat at a meeting to livestream that more people should be aware of the process like right now Hudson and Lane can do that but I would I would be willing to volunteer for that I guess Brett is also ready to do that but if

couple of more people would know about it and we can make an advance notice to the community that we are going to have this call and if somebody wants to participate he can go through the life and we can share the link to just remember I mean watch watches over there and if they have any questions we can take it there people who are interested in participating more we can definitely send them the invite to join the zoo call but other people can also watch us through using that was the idea yeah okay yeah does anyone want follow up follow up with Hudson about this yeah I think I can go ahead and do that can't I

don't think cool so Kuchar 14.5 will be yours now 14.6 Tim to raise a PR so I did raise that PR I don't know if line you have merge access on the etherion p.m. repo but if you do I just posted the PR and the chat about just adding the link that Hudson shared in the past about live-streaming instructions yeah I do I'll take a look at that if it's if I can merge it I will no problem great thanks and final action item 14.7 lane to create a separate Nasus wallet

to assist with registering reputation with DX now yes so we did that sorry I've just had a whirlwind a couple of weeks and I'm just trying to recap everything that happened a couple weeks ago and exactly who was involved I don't want to mischaracterize anything I worked on this with someone as well but I don't think it was William thought it was Bret I believe it was Bret who I think it's also not on the call today and I hope I'm getting that right we set up a gnosis safe account as I think I may have mentioned by text message the

team functions are not enabled yet so I think in the future the ideas you'll be able to attach multiple externally owned aetherium accounts to it and sort of control it that way so what we did instead was we just shared the private key he we transferred a hundred died into it and then he used so that was obviously against the multi-sig and myself and I believe Hudson approved that and then Brett used those funds to stake in the DX tau initialization process like we discussed in the last call and just as a reminder I think that's a 30-day staking period so those funds will be returned at the end of that period and of course we can share access to that notice safe account

with anyone else who wants to play with it but just be warned that we had a lot of issues getting it to work it was quite we had some kind of bugs and things we had to overcome anyone else have comments on that okay so that's it for everything we had on the agenda final call does anyone want to bring something else up I is the same other words I don't understand your

question so if everyone uses the same zooming oh okay yeah so it's on yeah it's on the internal channel and this is because we typically only likes had people who wanted to contribute in the internal channel and it just sorry go ahead so the channel that I'm subscribed to yes so yes I will invite you to that I

feel like maybe we could just post the links in the general channel like like we do for all core devs and then if people come on and they don't really belong there or have any like strong reason for being there we can just ask them to leave but typically people don't really do that I think it's happened like once or twice in all the Chordettes calls I was on would anyone disagree with posting the Xoom link more publicly in the in the public Channel somebody would come join us and it but having them on the caller device tester is

I was mentioning about the YouTube live streaming so that people can yeah yeah okay yeah I think it's a easy first step we can just share the link in the in the general catheters community channel from now on and and Brent I'll add you to the internal conversation channel just because you've been working on a couple of stuff a couple things right it related to catheters so typically in turn sorry go ahead yes sure I will do that thank you very much appreciate that

of course so anything else anyone wants to chat about okay then I guess that's it for today thanks everybody