Ethereum Cat Herders Meeting #10 [2019/04/16]
Ethereum Cat Herders · 16 Apr 2019 · 33:23
A coordination call of the Ethereum Cat Herders works through open items in the network upgrade process, starting with a proposed process document for handling improvement proposals that overlaps with an existing proposal and needs a follow-up meeting with its author. The agenda also covers Constantinople post-mortem actions, namely an emergency communications team, a review process for how proposals affect the wider stack, and developer-tool readiness before fork dates. Further items include whether to engage a DAO such as Moloch, a developer portal website, and a two-of-three multisig model for group funds.
Speakers
Topics
From Ethereum Cat Herders, hosted by ECH Institute.
Transcript
not all lame can you hear me I'm gonna do them hey guys hey pooja here go here William why is there two of me oh I think I know what's going on and they nothing come on jackin you
yeah I thought that's what's going on hey Bret how are you how's your house Jeff um yeah good man how you guys pretty good just just got into Berlin it wasn't actually that bad so Australia doesn't feel quite as far and testing it still a long trip you
and through the agenda updates on profile do you have anything to give an update Charles yeah so I'm not entirely sure what the current timeline is but the proposal for the audit has been essentially updated and the funds are coming in and were pretty much at the point where we're gonna start rolling the audit out but I leave it I leave it to Hudson to get into more of the details for that the spoke with Lisa
thority last week do you hammer out the the scope of the things that they can handle in terms of the hardware side of things because they're more focused on security and the contracts and all of that and we're looking at the essentially the hardware aspects of the audit that we crucially need and they're just finalizing that and getting back to us hard for coordination of that do you have anything to add Charles okay John I'm wondering like tim is missing here so
here's the thing like I proposed a TI b 1929 in which document or everything that we discuss you know vivia scores about how we should go about this and for coordination for future being 18:52 even appear 18:52 it's like Boris is saying that my work is to vacate of PR 1852 which is essentially seize that is and edit in EAP 2 3 3 if we go by the a P 2 3 3 we see that the process is similar like I mean I'm getting really confused over here like they were us to propose
a process how they should streamline their thing and I was doing the same thing like in the first meeting as an action item it was like pooja is there an action item then that needs to be converted as I'm get have issue at that same thing and again it's listed as something duplicated so I'm not sure if I need to pull out the EAP or how we should take it further okay and was a bar she was saying there was a duplication that is done in IP 2 3 3 which was done I guess last Friday after
the call we were discussing this in alcalde of call and after that Boris said that it's not right this is not they say is I mean this is the similar thing so we should not we should be following this process of EAP 2 3 3 but what I have suggested in 1929 it is like extension of 2 3 3 so I'm going to share that copy basically it states that the trusses should be we should submit a an issue in a IP github and that would be picked up by cat herder listed here in
cat ID a folder that we have created to list all the EAP that is being proposed but I received a comment from Mike Johnson saying that uses usage of EAP github may not be appropriate in response I suggested we can use this as in cat hood Agata to place the issue and we will pick it up and we'll close the issue as it is picked up and then we will follow the process along so I'm not sure what to do with this now because yeah we do 3 3 does not states these thing clearly even after the addition it States the basic thing that we discussed in the very first call when we initiated with the heartful process I guess there was something written by Tim only the
thing that we have discussed is this is the outline and that is there a DAT there so still it's not in a comple shape that's my thought process but you guys are welcome to have a look and then let us know that we should care and move ahead with me happy 1999 or should I play it back hm sounds like we will probably need to have a sit-down with Tim bars it's often loosely hot or cold nights to to work through this I'm assuming you know going to to Berlin to the meetups ar-rahmani tell quality to work out what do we do grant called yeah yeah just just add a
point there I recall that we agreed in the kind of hard for coordination group on picking someone who can help like see us all through that it would kind of pick up and have another call after the Berlin meetings to regroup and talk about the ideas of the that have been discussed in terms of more constant smaller forks or the will be picking up after the Tim was always there in the meeting so I thought when we are
coordinating but differently that there's some communication gap and that's why I wanted to discuss it over yeah okay unfortunate end up being on the call yeah I think it would be better when meeting because he is the person we should person may be able to give more information about what are going on here yep that's uh I'll leave that as an action item to prep set up a meaningful a poll after Berlin meetup which would you be
so kind as to arrange for that meeting yeah I'm in Lake Charles last time discussed and we decided that we will be having a meeting after the world bowling meeting maybe on Wednesday like makes you CH meeting I guess okay so two weeks Tom Wednesday yeah I mean I believe it was just a tentative date but yeah that sounds good to me we can coordinate in
the Gator channel you can take note of that Brett laughter cool thank you next one do we have Joseph on the call you got Malik Dow and Aragon review can you speak to this at all Peter yes sir that was wasn't finding the middle so if I am not mistaken I think Joseph shared a document through the Geeta channel making a small summary of how mulatto works so yeah unfortunately he's not
gonna call so I can't speak for him but I'm guessing that this is the document we were we were expecting this is for those of you who don't remember the idea behind this was just to produce a small document to consume internally so that was not meant to be sure it was just meant to inform the cat herders about how mulatto works and you know so that we get to understand how it works and maybe think of ways that we can engage with it so that's as far as I know to that point I think that
Joseph was thinking that it could be a good idea to create a proposal for the etherium developers network or portal tomalak with this specification attached to it and that also leads to the next agenda topic but I think that we could also bring some of other ideas on how to get involved or how we would like to promote it or engage with another type of doubt or use our own dau and all these different things are some things that we could have casual conversation around yes definitely do we want to continue the discussion on the Gator I
mean if we have some specific proposal around how to engage with either Moloch or any other dau I think we should discuss it here if there's no specifics and it's just an open conversation maybe we should have a in Peter what do you think I gave up the idea to cut out a proposal yeah I don't have any other ideas it's probably keeping a discussion on Peter I mean am I getting this right I mean right now the basic idea is just we're
trying to see how we might utilize either Moloch or create our own Aragon Dao for the cat herders where this is supposed to have a larger sphere than fronts so I think so far these are two separate things so one is the experiments we've been doing with the now for the theme cat herders so that that's one thing and and a different one it's how a scat heard those we might engage with Dow such as mullet meaning maybe we have some proposals to submit etc all right got it just could note the
way I see it is as a film cat herders are right in the middle of the etherium coordination process whether that's for a IPS or even if it's for audits etc I think we should some way or the other be able to engage with this dowse so that we can somehow just help the community move some initiatives forward and I think we should look for the best way to do that okay anything else on on
subject the Moloch town or Aragon review well carry on with the next-gen art and I'm just updating the actions for the Constantinople post-mortem hey Jojo if you have any updates yes I was going through the project board and so right now there's 8 to do and 2 in progress so the 2 in progress are they create the emergency comms team for which would deal with things such as
a postponement of another type of network upgrade or anything that is worth getting the word out quickly and having kind of proactive approach as opposed to retroactive and the so there was a community as comms team that was formalized during the Constable emergency policewoman on telegram so essentially we just reach out to those people and get approval to be added to this list the contacts will conform a group in the future so that that isn't too big of a task the next one was that seemed to be more appropriate for the
next couple of while is the creating a formalized process for reviewing and monitoring and analyzing GIP is in the potential effects across the entire stack so easy obvious existing developer assumptions and I believe that kind of works into what puja has been working on so I'm going to kind of tag her on that and we can kind of formalize some sort of document or process at there if she would like and then the next one would be so it's just the idea around incentivizing more developer tools across the ecosystem and having that developer tool readiness to be taken into account when planning a hard for date like we will over the next couple months and having a release for the 2 3
and most used tools I mean we talked about this a couple oh I guess it was more than a couple colors ago just having some sort of chat around that would be great but overall these action items are open to anyone to start tackling we can partner up and st. or pair together to create these rubrics template it's teams and whatever is it's just more of if you have that bandwidth to jump in and start making some contributions your message mean we can chat about it from this point right now there's only two in progress it is it worth advertising these action items out
to the water community and to potentially get them their assistance with working on this yeah see that can be up to all of us to decide I think that we could link issues to each of these ideas because some of them don't necessarily involve really technical knowledge of etherium and they're more just high-level process documents or rubrics that they can play around with you submit as peers so yeah I think that's not a bad idea I'm not very clear about what the second item is I'm not I'm not sure I really understand what
that is just so I don't want to say the word standardized but incentivize some of the developer tools that certain teams use when working on these processes or their current implementations of for example like the tools they use when working on the code that they are spinning for in the IPR just things like that I have to reference back to the report to give you more information on that but from whatever code that's the high-level gist of it okay thanks coordinate with you on that process implementation thing that
you discussed sweet so what is everyone think about opening up as issues or linking them to issues and having external community get involved with them or we can just discuss which ones we'd want to make issues and go from there I think that's that's a great idea I mean certainly looking through and reviewing the action items they will be tossed that will be able to easily break down and push out as community issues certainly talking to some of the girls that had come there are some guys that are keen to start help me out if we stop
putting issues out we'll soon enough find out so he's actually willing to help and he's not just because I we have a small crowd here now you might also want to publicize it on the internal Channel the getter or the telegram for the characters it could be there's other catters who would be interested also absent anything yeah good starting point and just on a personal note I'm like things are just a bit crazy for me for the next couple of weeks after that though I would love to jump in but I can just be in touch with you about that yeah no worries like like I mentioned it if you have banovitz go ahead you square
around and but if not it's it's totally just I've talks to keep chugging away at the stuff moving on Charles I'm hearing development portal do you have any updates on that oh yeah so the document of what we want has the general content structure I was planning on me creating a proposal for Maalik but that was just an idea
shutout by someone from the the group and I've been gathering a group of people such as Anthony actually before I get to that I saw I did speak with about the the org website and there and we confirm that there's no overlap between what we're working on and how actually be a good resource to link to so God gives essentially the green light to start going at it and creating a more formalized requirements talk and bringing together people such as Nina who built the play date Syrian and a testing environment with some demos etc
and Anthony from E table for content and a couple others such as James Young from who has worked on more like the front end and a bunch of other people we're all gonna get together and start just going at it in the near future or hopefully this week I don't know there's no timeline there it's because we have no agenda but it it's looking good that's also my if I know just about the website we Helen proposed to have a call
next week same time as today so if anyone is like hint about basically sharing some ideas about what to do exactly with the website that would be very much appreciated yeah I'm happy to to lead with it if so to speak and and actually work on the code but I would I would like if I can have some ideas around you know what exactly it should end up looking that's all okay so um so you're looking to have a call next week Tuesday at 2
p.m. yes exactly and for the moment it's just Hannah and I so please those of you who have some ideas either join the caller or share those ideas with me that would be very helpful awesome if you could just drop something in the getter channel just to let people know to get invited to your call or to drop ideas that'll be awesome yeah I will Thanks okay any other items no okay our review of action arms from meeting
nine Joseph to Preston up data communications checklist that you see I should turn will get at home I don't believe he is done that yet so we'll just leave that for now um Hugo and Joseph to work on a general rata for the Moloch down I hope math benefit a theme community Joseph's tonight saw all them say that it's done Hudson to provide feedback on hot for coordinators that still in play cat herders to look at the handbook by looks good and discuss it over the next couple weeks
I'm assuming there's no update from anyone here I'm unfortunately haven't had an opportunity ready to dig deep dog myself so I'm hoping today that this week your next action item 8.6 preacher to engage with Charles and you know regarding the websites page I'm assuming you'll be on the call of giving ideas to Hugo as he suggested it was done last week we had some to work with Charles to make a post about
the product proper order has that been done Charles sorry can you repeat that but that's what's gonna work with you to make it I put out a post regarding that pop out on it oh yeah right so we probably won't post until the audit has begun no not quite to preach it to create a draft for the process of all folks and so that is just a pull request
that was from the last meeting that we spoke about picture I'm assuming everything same one I'll say that it's done for now but obviously we're gonna have a meeting now to discuss what we should be doing going forward with regards the hot folks are still about in meeting you know to absolute to set up the website we'll do some work around the website that's in the meeting as mentioned so just real then what that has done for now I never got a meeting coming up the multi-sig wallet have we
looked at separating the funds or instituting the multi-sig two or three Charles all right my instructor so Charles sorry I was needed hours yeah I don't think we've bumped the oh yeah we have fun theme all these eight two two three yes and we haven't tested it yet but there is an issue up for 5850 diary fund for paying for the all core dev notes note-taking so we'll proceed with using the two of
three model from now on not catacomb so two or three models there we just haven't set for added the funds to bring work pal and normal cat herder funds is that wrong yeah I think so cool okay I'll leave it as an outside action on them okay guys next meeting 30th of April that's two weeks time I think that's it sounds good thank you very much everybody yeah be well yeah everyone agree week